France Pavilion in Houston March 2-5
FRANCE PAVILION a curated selling exhibition of French Contemporary art, will be open in Houston from Thursday, March 2 through Sunday,March 5 atWinter Street Studios (2101 Winter St.),in one of the largest artistic campuses in the US.
FRANCE PAVILION will also open the Texas French Culture Festival Month which presents a large selection of art & cultural events in Texas, in partnership with American cities, major cultural museums and art centers as well as French institutions.
Exhibiting for the first time in Houston, FRANCE PAVILION will showcase the works of over 25 French contemporary artists spanning all art forms, including paintings, sculptures, photographs and mixed media artworks with a unique and innovative curating perspective. For the Houston edition, international FRANCE PAVILION lead curator Sebastien Laboureau, collaborating with Houstonian guest curator Yvonamor Palix, has selected a mix of world-acclaimed and emerging
French contemporary artists, many having never exhibited in Houston.
FRANCE PAVILION will also celebrate the unique Franco-American friendship.
The artist line-up will include:
- Richard Orlinski, one of the world’s best-selling sculptors; Maurice Renoma, the
French fashion icon;
- Flore Sigrist, world-acclaimed abstract visual artist, presenting a selection of her latest works, curated by Alain Renner, ex VP of Sotheby’s in France;
- Raphaëlle Ricol, whose works joined some of the most prestigious collections in
France, including those of Francois Pinault, and Abbaye d’Auberive;
- Capucine Safir, Erick Artik, Cedrik Cavallier and Nadine Debien who already
exhibited in Miami during the prestigious Art Basel Week;
- Other artists include Joelle Kem Lika, Veronique Barrillot, Isa Sator, Le Closier,
Alexandre Ubeda, AlexyP, Carole Jury, Lo Breillat, Chat Maigre;
- Special guest artist of honor from Houston, Sebastien Boileau (aka Mr.D);
- A selection of French Houston local and international artists curated by Yvonamor Palix, including Emilie Duval, Romain Froquet, Marlot&Chopart, Alicia Paz, Duncan Wylie.
By inviting the TEXAN FRENCH ALLIANCE FOR THE ARTS to exhibit some of their works within FRANCE PAVILION, the organization wants to show its support of TFAA’s outstanding arts education program aimed at under-privileged kids of the city of Houston.
Offering free entry to the public, FRANCE PAVILION is open each day from March 2 to March 5. The exhibition includes a full educative program, art talks, meet the artist events and more.
Highlights of the event include:
- Thursday, March 2 -School Day (10 am – 4 pm)
Schools and their students have been invited by FRANCE PAVILION to visit and
participate in workshops with FRANCE PAVILION artists.
- Thursday, March 2 VIP OPENING (6 pm – 8 pm)
Under the High Patronage of H.E. Sujiro Seam, Consul General of France in Houston
and First French Lady Jane Ren, FRANCE PAVILION will host an invitation-only reception.
- Friday, March 3 French-American Chamber of Commerce Lunch (12 pm – 2 pm)
Arts & Business, presented by FRANCE PAVILION Curator Sebastien Laboureau
- Friday, March 3 NUIT DU CHAMPAGNE CELEBRATES the 30-YEAR CAREER OF
SEBASTIEN BOILEAU (aka Mr.D) (7 pm – 9 pm)
In addition to tasting several Roederer Champagnes, Seven Master Pastry-Chefs
from Bordeaux (7 Entremetteurs) will share with the guests their passion for the
creative art of “patisserie”.
- Saturday, March 3 Open to the Public hours (11 am – 8 pm) with a special art talk
from France Pavilion curators at 2 PM
- Sunday, March 4 - Family Day (11 am – 4 pm)
Children will have the opportunity to participate in workshops which will allow them to create their own works of art in the style of FRANCE PAVILION artists.
For more information about the event, including a full event schedule and list of exhibiting artists, visit http://francepavilion.com/houston/.
Organized under the High Patronage of Sujiro Seam Consul General of France in Houston,France Pavilion is supported by France.fr, Culinary Institute Lenôtre, Liberation de Paris Wines, Sturia, BCI Bonneté, BeDesign, France-Amérique, French-American Chamber of Commerce.